Wednesday, February 24, 2010

San Diego Comic-Con 2010, Long Beach Comic Expo, Gallifrey 21, and other stuff...

So, Comic-Con is just around the corner again! Just like last year, I have a story in Tales Of The Supernatural that will be available at our booth. This one is actually a rerun though. This is a story I had published in another anthology 4 years ago or so. Mike Colbert and I were never quite satisfied with how it turned out, so I am re-scanning, re-coloring, and re-lettering it. I have grown by leaps and bounds as an artist since then, but I am still really proud of this little redneck horror story. It's only six pages long, but it has an incredibly cool ending you'll never see coming! Here's a sneak peek!


In other news, last week was Long Beach Comic Expo. I didn't go, unfortunately, but it's gotten great reviews! Mike Mignola (Hellboy) called it "cute", I think in a good way. :) If it was half as much fun as the Long Beach Comic-Con they put on a few months ago, then it must have been great!

This weekend is Gallifrey! It's the 21st annual Los Angeles Doctor Who convention. I went last year, and had a blast, so I am really looking forward to this year's festivities. Thursday night is the Podshock meet-up, which means a lot of drinking and nerding out for me! There will be panels on Doctor Who, Torchwood, sci-fi, comics, etc. Georgia Moffat (Jenny - The Doctor's Daughter) is one of the guests of honor, as well as Sarah Sutton (Nyssa), Katy Manning (Jo Grant), Joshua Hale Fialkov (Elk's Run, Punks: The Comic), Graeme Harper, Phil Ford, Tony Lee (Doctor Who comics), Paul Cornell (Family of Blood, Captain Britain & MI13), Marv Wolfman(Co-Creator of The New Teen Titans), Mark Waid, Bob Baker (K-9 Creator), and many more! It officially starts on Friday, so if you're a fan, and you're in L.A., you won't want to miss out!

Cheers,
- C!

No comments: