Monday, February 01, 2010

2010 and onward...

So, it's no secret that 2008 and 2009 kind of sucked. Not just for me, but for a lot of people. 2008 was pretty bad, and I couldn't wait for it to be over.

Then 2009 came along to show 2008 how to properly screw us all over. The year started out with my mom having a stroke, then I lost two dear friends, then Comic Universe closed it's doors and I was unemployed, then I lost one of my favorite people in the world to suicide. And that's just MY year. Don't get me wrong, there were some really great moments too (San Diego Comic-Con being one of the best), but I still wanted to take 2009 out back and shoot it in the face.

Luckily, 2010 came along and did just that. He took 2009 by the collar, kicked him out the door, and warned him never to return. I like that 2010 guy.

Well, my new year is going great so far. It's making up, in quick succession, for the failings of the previous two years of fuckery. I'm somewhat unemployed again, but I've met so many new friends in the last month. I've met a really cool, albeit crazy, girl. I've been drawing a lot more, and I have so many cool things coming up the pipeline. I am happier than I've been in a very long time. I'm just letting the world take me where it needs me to go, which is weird for someone with my control issues.

I have a feeling 2010 and I are going to be great friends. :)

RIP 2009. You were a dick and I'm glad you're gone.

Cheers,
- C!

1 comment:

toastboy said...

Here here! 2009 go DIAF!!!