Thursday, October 01, 2009

Wrestling! Deadman! Long Beach Comic-Con!


So, it's been a while since I've updated here. I have been job hunting like crazy since May, and still trying to do the odd comic/art job here and there. I start my new job next Friday though, and this weekend is the first annual Long Beach Comic-Con! More on that in a bit though.

Here is a picture of Deadman that I drew yesterday, and colored today. Really simple colors, but it looks good, no? This is the first successful free time drawing I've done in ages. It seems like when I have substantial downtime, my inspiration takes a vacation. I had plenty of things to do yesterday, but when inspiration comes knocking you have to answer the door. Hopefully, this inspiration will continue for the foreseeable future. Fingers crossed. I'm really proud of this piece though, and I hope you like it.

Now, back to LBCC. I will be sketching at the Mach 1 Wrestling booth. Wrestling booth, you ask? Yep. I designed the t-shirts that they will have available at a big event happening there, and probably at the booth as well. It was a fun piece to design, even though it was really short notice and some of the files were very small. I think it turned out really well though. I am a wizard when it comes to deadlines. I had, basically, about 24 hours to create it so they could get it screen printed in time for the Con. If you are going, make sure to stop by and say hi!



Well, I'm off to draw some more. Cheers!

- C

No comments: